Mary is a Managing Director and Founder of EDF Ventures. She has been an active investor both in healthcare and information technology companies for over 20 years.
Currently, Mary sits on the boards of the following companies:
She is also a board observer for the following companies:
- Arxan Technologies, a company developing next generation anti-tamper solutions to enable software programs to nullify software tampering and piracy;
- IntelePeer, a VoIP based interconnection, gateway and enhanced telephony services for VoIP and PSTN private/local exchange carriers; and
- ValenTx, a medical device company treating morbid obesity
- Cerenis Therapeutics, a developer of drugs for the treatment of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases; and
- Lycera, a pharmaceutical company developing drugs to fight diseases of the immune system
Mary led several of the firm's most successful transactions including: Pixelworks, a leader of system-on-a-chip integrated circuits for the advanced display market which became a public company; HandyLab, a developer of molecular diagnostic assays and automation platforms, sold to Becton Dickinson & Company; Sircon, a provider of automation solutions for the insurance industry, sold to Vertafore the nation’s number one insurance software provider; and Greenplum, a database clustering software for business intelligence and data warehousing, sold to EMC Corporation, the world’s leading provider of information infrastructure solutions.
Mary is active with The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at The University of Michigan and currently serves as an advisor to the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies as well as its student-run venture activity, the Wolverine Venture Fund. She is an advisor to The University of Michigan's Life Science Institute and she serves on the advisory board of The Charles F. Dolan School of Business at Fairfield University. Mary has also served as past President and board member of the Michigan Venture Capital Association, the State's premier public policy advocate for the private equity/venture capital industry.
Mary received her MBA from The University of Michigan; her MA in Special Education from Fairfield University; and her BA in English from The University of Michigan.
< Back to The Team