Beau Laskey is a Managing Director with EDF Ventures. Beau joined in 1997 to lead the firm's investments in information technology with an emphasis on mobility, security, data management and IP-based communications.
Currently, Beau serves on the boards of the following companies:
- Arxan Technologies, a solution to enable software programs to nullify the effects of tampering and piracy;
- Greenplum, an open source database clustering software for business intelligence and data warehousing;
- Rhevision Technology, a developer of a tunable lens system for miniature mobile imaging systems;
- Sircon, a provider of e-business solutions to the insurance and financial services markets; and
- VoEx, a provider of VoIP-based interconnection, gateway and enhanced telephony services
He is also a board observer for the following company:
- Arbor Networks, a provider of network anomaly detection solutions
Beau is a former Director of Zyray Wireless, a leading provider of semiconductors for wired and wireless communication that was acquired by Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM). Beau was also an investor in Clarity Technologies, a leading provider of Bluetooth noise cancellation technology which was acquired by Cambridge Silicon Radio (LSE: CSR).
Prior to joining EDF, Beau served as a Lieutenant in the Navy SEAL (Sea, Air, Land) Teams where he served as an Operations Officer and led Special Operations deployments to Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Mediterranean. He also held an Associate position with Morgan Stanley.
Beau earned an MBA with distinction from the University of Michigan and a BS in Economics (and a Minor in General Engineering) with Merit from the US Naval Academy.
< Back to The Team